Obe Ata Chili
2 teaspoons oil
1/4 lb lean ground meat (beef or turkey)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne or more to taste
2 tablespoons sliced green and black olives
1/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 jars Egunsifoods Obe Ata soup
Sour cream, shredded cheddar, chopped cilantro and/or diced avocado to serve
1. Add oil to a deep pot and heat it over medium-high. Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add meat and spices, stir well to combine. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add Obe Ata, bell pepper, olives, drained and rinsed beans. Stir well.
4. Gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove the pot from the heat, add shredded cheese. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!